Compass Preschool in Pinellas County
Compass Preschool Academy creates a safe place for children one through five to gain independence and hands-on experiences in our indoor and outdoor learning environments. Teachers engage the children in developmentally appropriate activities, both individually and in small groups. Children within this age group develop fine and gross motor skills, speech and language skills, listening skills, self-control and sensory awareness.
Compass Preschool Academy provides a full VPK curriculum within the hours of 9:00am-12:00pm. With an emphasis on pre-reading, number recognition and listening skills, we set a foundation for successful learning. Our optional extended school day allows for expansion in areas such as music and movement, art enrichment, children’s literacy and sensory exploration.
All age groups engage in high class enrichments including:
- Music – singing, listening, rhythmic movement and musical instruments
- P.E. – outside gross motor exercises, athletic games and sportsmanship
- Art – individual and group projects using an array of materials and skills
- Yoga – quiet bodies, deep breathing and introductory yoga postures
- Foreign Language – beginning Spanish lessons with songs and repetition
Additional activities are planned throughout the school year.
- Library – children’s literature appropriate for all ages
- Gardening – weeding, digging and planting in the outdoor garden box